Empathy Zone - Redefining Counselling
Empathy Zone is the environment and portal through which greater discovery, understanding and acceptance of a person’s emerging Self is encouraged to integrate. Empathy Zone transcends physical boundaries. It is the sanctuary within.
I established Empathy Zone private practice in 2010. As a qualified professional therapist I have supported adults, couples and teenagers to helped them overcome blocks to change and lead more rewarding lives.
My therapeutic effectiveness and expertise in the use of empathic intervention is recognised and evidenced in my published articles:
- EMPATHY AND THE SACRED GIFT, Counselling Directory, January 2016
- EMPATHY EXPLORES BEYOND LIMITS, The Free Psychotherapy Network, December 2015
- EMPATHIC LIFE – AUTHENTIC LIVING, Hub of the South Magazine, November 2015
- EMPATHY EMBRACE, Hub of the South Magazine, September 2015
- EXTENDING EMPATHY ZONE EMBRACE, UK Therapy Guide, July 2015
- EMPATHY REIGNS, BACP Children and Young People, December 2012
I am a BACP registered therapeutic counsellor and abide by their Ethical Framework. I have over seven-year experience of working ethically and constructively with challenging behaviour and a range of complex emotions.
The theoretical foundations of the Person-Centered Approach (PCA) were laid by Carl Rogers more than 60 years ago.
Neuroscientific research findings support his theories to a remarkably high degree.*
*Lux, M. (December 2010). The Magic of Encounter: The Person-Centered Approach and the Neurosciences. Person-Centered & Experimental Psychotherapies, Volume 9, number 4, 274.